Jan 1, 2011

new year

So I remember telling myself that I wanted to have my own business.
Well last new years I couldnt figure out what I wanted to do.
Or what I had a passion for.
I was not crafty so sewing or knitting was out of the question.
I always loved being photographed and I loved taking photos as well.
I was obsessed with editing and making them look nicer.
I seriously could sit in front of a camera or computer all day taking/editing pictures.
So I decided 2010 was going to be the year I started photography.
With my tax return I bought my first dslr camera and I have been in love ever since.

Well life got in the way and so did my negative attitude.
I kept telling myself how could I ever get good enough to photograph a wedding 
without the proper equipment and schooling.
I talked to a bunch of photographers that started there own businesses from scratch
and found out they started out with just one camera and taught themselves.
That gave me the courage to try again and really put my heart and soul into it.
Well then I found out I was pregnant got really sick and just didnt have the motivation.
Now I stay home and do not work and I have YET to do my photography.
Why do I always make excuses? 
Am I scared of failing?
I think yes! But I cant let that hold me back any longer!

I want people to look at my photographs with amazement.
I want to do my first wedding, engagement, baby sessions.
I want to start my photography business and this year.
I realized that people who do their own businesses dont wait around making excuses.
They go out and try, and when they fail they try again.
I want to make something of myself, something my daughter can be proud of.
I want a job/business where I can determine when I work and when it is family time.
I know it is going to be hard and the first year is the hardest but I truly honestly want this.

I am not going to make a New Years resolution because then I wont do it.
I dont even know where to start with my photography and thats the scary thing,
but if I do not try then that is already failing.

Well on a different note,
NYE was so much fun! 
We went to my friend Jamie & Dustins house for dinner, games and to ring in the New Year.
We played scatagories, boxers or briefs and had a blast. 
Jamie and I are both pregnant so we drank sparkling apple cider from wine glasses :)
Here are some pictures from the event:

Myself and Jamie

Me, Jamie and Destiny - She was trying to look pregnant shes not lol

Jamie and Dustin

Me and Jason

Jamie and Destiny

Dustin and Jason. Pinkies up lol

I am happy to say that 2011 is going to be a great year.
I get to meet my daughter in about 16 weeks!
I have the greatest people in my life
and I am just happy.
My goal is to be the best mommy and get my photography on track.
I just hope I stay motivated and get client-el.
I am going to do a lot of researching and maybe shadow a photographer or two.
I will post my photos here so you also can give me feedback!

Hope everyone had a great New Years!
Here's to 2011 hope it brings you and your family happiness and love!



No comments: